Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Back to Work.

I caught up on some much-needed downtime last week as I took the entire week off. We traveled to Are on Wednesday. On Thursday Brittney and I rented a paddle boat and some fishing poles and went fishing... for all of about an hour and a half.




It's not fishing that I like-- I like catching fish. There were literally fish jumping out of the water all around us, but we didn't catch a thing. We retired the fishing poles and rented bowling shoes. That was more like it!

On Friday, I went downhill mountain biking at the ski resort with one of Kenneth's friends, Stian. We took the bikes on the ski lifts with us and there were several really cool trails. I had a blast! Me, Kenneth, and all the other guys went out for pizza to celebrate his last night of freedom.

Saturday was wedding day for Kenneth & Amelie, my first wedding experience ever. It was a really good day. Because Kenneth is Norwegian and Amelie is Swedish, they placed flags on each of the chairs in the reception. Of course, Brittney and I were the only two Americans.



Because we couldn't participate in singing any of their traditional songs, they made us sing our national anthem on the spot!



We pulled it off, and I think they were pretty impressed ;) After the dinner came the party. We enjoyed ourselves dancing and visiting with everyone until about 2 a.m. when we went on to sleep. The party went on til 6:30... so of course Sunday was for recovery.

But yesterday, my work week began again. Kenneth and I went to a race not far from here. You won't believe it, but I get more nervous for local races than I do for GP's. I was mostly worried about Mats Nilsson, Vet World Champion. I raced my 250F in the MX1 class and won both motos. It was good practice for me especially after taking a week off.

I am training hard and riding the rest of the week and then doing another small race this weekend.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

--Zach

0 comments:

Post a Comment